Monday, November 15, 2010

I'll never do it again!

LOL! We all went and got Xmas pics taken yesterday, for our Xmas card, gifts for parents, etc. It was supposed to be just the kids, but Brady actually said, as we were getting ready, that we should all dress up & get our pics taken, so we did... it's a good thing I had gotten ready early & had a red sweater that was clean...we were all in red & green! :) How stressful...LOL...Bailey kept ripping the barrette out of her hair, typical trying to get the kids to smile...natural, not fake smiles, etc. They turned out ok...nothing fabulous. There isn't one pic where we're all smiling natually and in the same direction! UGH! Then, of course, John & I had different favorites! Please remind me to never do that again, until they're older! HAHA! I've never done Xmas pics before...I've always just taken snapshots at home and made my own cards online....I should've stuck to the original plan! Don't get me wrong, they're not horrible...actually, the more I look at them only, I'm warming up to a few of them. I sat there, waiting for our turn, hopeful 'cause all the kids before us were taking great pics from what I could tell...the photogher was making them laugh, etc. Not my kids! She did get a few smiles out of them, but of course, it wasn't in the same pics! UGH! LOL!

Please tell me that you don't always get fabulous pics of your kids! I'll feel better about the $100 I spent yesterday on "ok" pics!

4 comments:

  1. Last year we ended up going bad the next night to pick out the pictures we had take and asked if we could do more to get a good picture. Over the summer we ad pictures taken and the kids did really well with them. We are going next week for pictures so hopefully the kids do well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took family pictures last Christmas, for the first time, and our daughter was about 5 months old at the time. We literally said to the photographer and his helper that she loves violence and that will make her laugh! But I guess they aren't able to do that kind of stuff (fake hit each other or something). My fiance and I also each had a favorite, so we ended up getting the package with a mixture of both poses; in one, our daughter is very still and looking at the camera, but not smiling; in the other, she's smiling really big, but looking down, I think because they were waving a bear around and she was looking at that. So even though we liked both pictures, neither of them were "perfect." We're hoping for a better picture this year, now that she's so much older, although the violence thing still holds true, and we know that's not allowed, lol. Hopefully, they will get her to smile and we will get at least one good picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... Next year you should try a practicing photographer... They charge less and the pictures are just as great. I like getting holiday picture of kids doing funny things. Its almost impossible to get a family photo where everyone is just sitting and smiling together. Try tickling and having the kids put ornaments on the tree, or eating cookies. Everyone loves to see your kids being real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you just need to do a little photoshop-ing. Cut the best 'you' out of one photo and put it in the photo with the best one of your kids, etc. As long as you're standing in about the same spots from photo to photo, it's super easy!

    ReplyDelete