Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It was a good shopping day!

You may have seen my post on facebook yesterday about how excited I was over having a super-successful day (well, half-hour) of shopping. I didn't have any "in-between" clothes...I have summer clothes and I have winter clothes, but no clothes for in-between! You know, when it's a little chilly in the morning, and then warmer in the afternoon. I don't know about you, but, clothes shopping for me can be very hit or miss...sometimes I'll find nothing, then go home feeling like crap, but other times, like yesterday, I'll go home with a whole bag of stuff! That puts you in the best mood, doesn't it? YAY! I did it in record time too....I only had about a half hour before I had to pick up Bailey from the sitter, so I tore around the store like a maniac...lol! I even had time to try everything on! I walked to the register with this huge pile of clothes, in a messy ball, and asked her if I could just put the stuff there (there was one more thing I wanted to grab in another color) and she shot me this look...I think she thought that was all the stuff that I wasn't buying and I was leaving her with the mess! I told her, with a big smile, that I was buying all of it, 'cause for once, everything fit! So, of course, now I have all of these cool-weather clothes and it's 75 degress outside! Figures! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have that situation happen all the time at Old Navy. My boss very nicely gave me a gift card to Old Navy last year, I think for my birthday, and I was able to get a few pairs of post-pregnancy jeans with it, which I really needed. Well, he then went on an Old Navy gift card kick, lol, and gave me one for Administrative Professionals Day last April, then again for my birthday just a few weeks ago. With the gift card in April, I ordered a bunch of things online, and had to return everything except for one pair of shorts and a skirt, which stunk even more because I could really use some new shirts. With the one he just gave me, I've looked in the store a few times, and can't find anything good. I don't want to be rude, but I kind of want to let him know not to give me one for Christmas! Lol. Trust me, I really, really appreciate the gift-just wish it was for somewhere else, like Target, where I could definitely use it. For now, I'm just holding onto them and waiting to see if anything good comes out in the next few months. It just stinks that, when you have the money (or gift cards), you can't find anything; and then, when you only have a little bit to spend, they seem to have so much good stuff to buy. At least, that's how it seems to happen with me. Maybe I should try shopping at a different store, lol.

    ReplyDelete