Thursday, April 14, 2011

Damn Vending Machine!

So, in my on-going efforts to lose some weight, I've made a rule for myself to not buy anything out of the vending machine at work. Most of it's junk food, well, except the oh so delicious cough drops! LOL! I really do stick to my rule! But, today in a weak, pms moment, I decided to break my rule...just this once. I looked for some change and didn't have any...was it a sign that I should stick to my rule? Nope...I grabbed a dollar bill & headed into the kitchen. Hmmm...what to pick...the Bugles or the Chocolate Chip cookies...tough choice. I stood there for a moment and pondered. I was craving something salty, so decided on the Bugles. I put my dollar in....and nothing. It spit my dollar bill back at me. I unwrinkled it, tried it again...it spit it back at me again! I tried it the other way, nothing. I tried flattening it out...it just wasn't going to work! This damn machine was holding me to my rule...no vending machine snacks! You'd think it would want my money! LOL! So, I went with it, left the kitchen, and chalked it up to that I wasn't supposed to have that vending machine snack, according to the Gods or something! ;) Do you believe in signs, fate & stuff like that? Has anything like this ever happened to u?

1 comment:

  1. Yea I do believe in signs. I was passing by a church once and I was going through a tough time. Infront of the church there was a billboard that said "have faith in yourself" and that felt like a sign from god. So, that became my motivation and I overcame that tough situation. Sometimes it feels like that was little spiritual.

    ReplyDelete