Friday, May 27, 2011

Why do we act so goofy at parades?

Memorial Day weekend is upon us! I love everything about it...nice weather, BBQ's, hanging out w/friends, and one of my favorite parts...parades! I'll go to as many as I can. Our local one is on Saturday morning. We usually know a lot of people in it...cops, firemen...then a bunch of our neighbors walk w/the schools, girl scouts, little league teams, etc. Why is that we, specifically, I get so excited, scream, wave & carry on, when we see people in a parade that we see everyday in the neighborhood? Know what I mean? Too funny! You see them coming, and you start telling everyone, "Here they come!" Like I didn't see them that morning before they left for the parade, and will see them later at a picnic..haha! Cracks me up! Parades are just festive I guess...suddenly I'm dancing to the Lawrence High School "Red Scare" band like it's a club on a Saturday night, and I'm 21 again! LOL!

C'mon, admit it...you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment