Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Huge Shopping Offense!

I was in the grocery store last night when it happened. I was in the cracker aisle...and there was only one other person in the aisle with me, a woman. I was picking out some new low-cal snacks (thx for the tip Toni Ryan...the 100 cal yogurt covered pretzels are great!), when I heard a pop....a familiar pop. I looked over and saw the woman sniffing a jar of jelly. Odd, right? Have you ever sniffed jelly in the grocery store before? Are you getting that the pop I heard was the freshness seal....which she has now broken? I thought to myself, "I hope she likes it because she just bought it!" But, no...she screwed the top back on, and put it back on the shelf. Wrong on so many levels! Once you pop that seal, it's gotta go in the fridge, or it'll go bad, for starters! Just wrong! She didn't even try to hide that she had done it...and obviously, she knew she wasn't alone in the aisle! I just don't get people sometime! LOL!

Friendly reminder...check that your freshness seals are intact!

Have u ever caught someone committing a big shopping offense?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't, but my mom has...MANY times! She works in the produce section in a grocery store and CONSTANTLY sees customers eating produce or nuts from the bulk bins. These items are sold by the pound and are NEVER paid for. She even has found peach pits and cherry pits hidden in other areas of the store! Is it OK to taste test a grape from a bag before you buy it? Sure...but don't go eating the whole bag throughout the store and only paying for what's left....People are savages! Oh, and in the summer she comes home with stories about people husking the corn right in the store (leaving the garbage in the same bin the corn is displayed in). Some people buy the corn they peel...others peel it halfway and leave the opened ear of corn in the bin (leaving it to dry out and be thrown away later). PEOPLE: DO NOT HUSK CORN IN THE STORE!!! Garbage cans are not allowed since it's not sanitary. Take it home and do it there!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the grocery store and you know they have the fresh Italian bread in the long paper bags. Well this guy comes up and pulls the loaf of bread from the sleeve, gives it a squeeze with his grubby little hands and then drops it back in the sleeve and puts it back with the others. He did this with several loaves of bread and then finally took one with him. I was STUNNED -- I just stood there looking at him. I couldn't decide if I should tell him "you really shouldn't do that" or go tell a manager. Unfortunately I did neither, but now I'm worried about buying bread that is left exposed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once when me and my friend were in the store, we were shopping for some soccer socks you know, like high knee ones. well there was a guy beside us, no older than thirty, and he a pair of the socks off the shelf and looked at them, and then broke the little platice band that ties them together. i tohught for sure that he was going to buy them or seal them or something. But no, he takes off his socks and shoes, and tires on the sock! In the middle of the store. Then, once he got his shoes back on, he went and took them to the front said "i won't be needing these" and walked out!
    Guess the socks were high quality enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally disgusted when i see people put there hands in the bins of candy at Wegmans to take a sample. And I DO SAY SOMETHING! Probably going to get my butt kicked one day, but I just cannot stand that kind of behavior. It's like they're the ONLY people in the world....very inconsiderate!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete