Monday, January 11, 2010

Hey Lady...Come Back Here!

I witnessed a shoplifting over the weekend! It was one of those weird moments where you're like, "Is this really happening...right infront of me?" Or, in this case, right behind me! Brady & I were in a kids store...one where kids can play with some of the things for sale...so, we were sitting at a little table, putting a puzzle together when it happened! This lady hurried behind me, acting a little bizarre...enough to where I noticed her, so I turned around to see if she was ok, and oh, she was fine...she was crouched down stuffing stuff in her bag!! I couldn't believe she was doing this so close to me! It took a minute for it to register...oh my God, she was stealing! I quickly turned back around so she wouldn't notice that I saw her. All of these thoughts started flooding my brain....what do I do? I didn't want her to get away with it...that's just how I am. I'm not a stand by & watch kind of person. But, I was with Brady, so if I confronted her, and she attacked me or something, there was no one else with me to protect Brady, and keep him out of harm's way! You never know what... or, who you're dealing with these days...she could've had a knife or something else in her purse! Ok, maybe I'm being a little overdramatic! So, I have to admit, a little scared, I watched her stroll out of the store...but, I still had her in my sight. I tried to quietly go tell a salesperson...I didn't want to make a scene with Brady with me....but, by the time someone had a minute to talk to me, she was gone! She had disappeared into another store. One of the store clerk's tried to follow her, but she was gone. UGH!!! I hate when people get away with stuff like that! Of course, later, when telling John the story, I was much braver...saying I wouldn't have let her leave the store...I would've tackled her...IF Brady wasn't with me! HAHA! Yeah right...I'm sure I would have been just as rattled!

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do?


Chris

2 comments:

  1. I was at Kohls in princeton and there was this older man snipping the tags off of items of the clearance rack. I don't know if he was going to try to attach them to full priced items or what. I went up behind one of the ladies at the register and while she was ringing someone up and told her what was going on. She called security. Not sure what happened after that because i walked away. I didn't want him to know it was ME who ratted him out! LOL I hate when people get away with that stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chris that's intense! That hasnt happened to me... but I'm oblivious sometimes so it may have and I just didnt notice haha. But you did the right thing by laying low to keep Brady safe and then telling management. Scary tho!

    ReplyDelete