Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What did he just say?

What is it about grocery stores that make your children have this incredible urge to say something, loudly, to embarrass you? HAHA! All 4 of us, Brady, Bailey, John & I went food shopping on Sunday afternoon, which is rare...it's usually just me or me & Brady, or just John 'cause he's taken over the cooking lately. The store was soooo crowded...day before snowstorm crowded, even though there was no storm coming! So, we're doing our thing...oh, did I mention that Brady get very excited in the grocery store for some reason...he loves it...he carries around one of the eco-friendly bags and carries "his groceries" around...cute! We're getting near the end, finally, and John says he's going to get in line. Ok...let's go. On our way to find a short line, Brady yells out, loudly, "Hey Mom...I just saw 2 girls and their boobies were sticking out!" That may not have been exactly what he said, but as soon as I heard him say, "boobies" I couldn't hear anything else! OMG!!! I could feel my face getting warm! John whips his head around and says, "What did he say?" He knew what he said! When I turned around, everyone was stopped, open-mouthed, laughing at my adorable 4-year-old! Mortified! I had no idea what to say, so I nervously giggled and kept going! Thinking about it now, it was pretty funny!

Have your kids ever embarrassed you in public?

Chris

5 comments:

  1. Our daughter, then about 20 months, said the "F" word over and over very loudly -- in Church!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sons favorite way to embarass me is especially in Walmart! The novelty of using the bathroom. We will walk into the local walmart and he will announce very loudly "GOTTA GO PEE PEE!" I get people looking at me like did I need to know that? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in philly and my parents were taking the family downtown for the day! We decided we would take the subway and for me and my older brother it was out first time on the subway. Well my brother, who was probably about 5 at the time, gets on the subway and goes "Mom, look at all the cosby's!" My mom was so embarassed.. but for us, growing up in a predominately white neighborhood, the only african americans we saw were on the cosby show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I have many embarassing stories but the most recent that comes to mind is when I was taking my 4 year old to the bathroom with me, we went into a large handicapped stall and he decided to exclaim, "Mom! You don't have a peeps (our family chosen word for penis)...where did it go?" Of course the other stalls in the bathroom were full. Next time I will make Daddy take him to the men's room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One time in Target, I took my son into the women's underwear section and after looking around for a few minutes he yelled, "MOMMY, get the purple cheeta underwear!" And as I rushed out of the department he continued to yell it!

    ReplyDelete