Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What a pain!

Yup, we have to boil our water too! Apparently, the water hasn't been filtered properly since the rainstorm the other night. Fabulous! Got the news last night, from a neighbor, right after feeding Bailey Mac & Cheese made with the dirty water...great! Of course, I had been drinking it all day too! UGH! Lots of Mercer Cty residents in Trenton, Ewing, Lawrence, Hamilton & Hopewell are affected, some schools are even closed, and they did a TERRIBLE job of quickly notifying residents! It's just hitting the news today and it's been in effect for 2 days! Thanks a lot! Some residents got an automated phone call...we never did. We got a call for a wandering bear but not dirty water that we're ingesting! Get it together people...geez! Anyway, you don't realize how much you use water until you can't use it anymore...and no date's set for when we can use it again! John went out and got a few cases of bottled water last night. I boiled as much water as we have containers for, so we could brush our teeth, cook, etc. I had to keep reminding myself to not use it...it's so natural! I have a dishwasher and now have it loaded but don't want to use the dirty water to wash our dishes, so there it sits. I'm going to be going thorough a lot of bottled water to wash the dishes! Funny how mind control works. Like I said, I had been drinking it all day, and was fine, but as soon as I found out that we shouldn't have been, I felt sick to my stomach...and I was really thirsty all of a sudden! LOL!

What a pain! Agree?

2 comments:

  1. What's the water company, Chris?

    I'm in Montgomery Twp - very bottom of Somerset County and it's NJ American Water. If we're supposed to boil, nobody told us!

    When we've had to in the past, it hasn't been easy to find out, either. It should be right on their home page and they should at least offer some sort of e-alert.

    It doesn't help that I have a Princeton address but live in Montgomery/Somerset County. It confuses the heck out of CSR's, especially if they're not from around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! Last year, there was a problem with the water in a town near where I live (in PA), and some restaurants actually had to close because there was E. Coli in the water due to some sort of problem with the filtration or sewers. I think the residents had to boil their water and I was just happy that we weren't in that town. It's a pain enough but even more so when you have kids because you have to think twice for yourself plus them. And forget about it when you have a baby that's taking formula that has to be mixed with water. Total pain.

    ReplyDelete