Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Would you or wouldn't you?

I ran to the grocery store at around 8pm last night to pick up a few things...fruit, cheese for the mac & cheese that John's going to make tonight, yogurt, and something to satisfy the chocolate craving that I'd been having all day! I decided I'd pick up a piece of choc cake (they actually do sell it by the piece), and some Ben & Jerry's Choc Fudge Brownie...my fav! I was so tired...couldn't wait to get home, have my goodies & watch a little tv. As I was putting the groceries away I realized that the plastic seal was missing from the top of the ice-cream. Crap! Should I still eat it? I decided to open it to look to see if it looked tampered with...or tasted...and it didn't. I put the rest of the groceries away, giving myself a second to think about whether I was going to throw away the treat I had been craving all day (thanks, PMS! LOL), and I ended up chucking it...didn't want to take the chance that it had been tampered with. I still had the cake...delicious! Newman thought I was crazy...he said he still would've eaten it...with the thinking, "who would poison ice cream?"

Just curious...would you have eaten it or not?

6 comments:

  1. (A) Ice cream can be easily tampered with by way of a hypodermic syringe (I've watched way too many Las & Order's), and (B) With Newman's line of thinking, who would poison Tylenol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely would not eat it... would have taken it back to the store and tried to exchange it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so challenged! I meant to say that I watched too many "LAW & Orders". Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have saved it and taken it back to the store for a refund or exchange, but definitely not eaten it.

    We've had that happen a few times with jarred food-either baby food or pasta sauce, in particular-where we either don't think the top popped when we opened it, or we can't remember it happening. It only happened once with the pasta sauce, but happened a few times with the baby food, so we took that back to the store. They're way too expensive to just throw out :) But we would never give them to our daughter, and I would certainly never eat ice cream that didn't have the seal. Who knows what some sick person might have done! Lol.

    Although it does stink that you were all set to eat it and then couldn't. It's worse than not even buying it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would not you just never know now a days what people would do their is alot of sick people out their in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although, you never do know what some people might do, there are some ice creams that do not have a protective seal. The larger containers of ice cream, some brands do not have a protective seal but people buy/eat them anyway.

    ReplyDelete